Just Ask our Families
According to a recent report from the Maryland Health Care Commission (MHCC), families or representatives of our patients surveyed said they would recommend Citizens Care and Rehabilitation Center to someone looking for a comprehensive care facility.*
Citizens Care also offers residents a wide variety of on- and off-campus daily activities to stimulate the mind, body and spirit.
At Citizens Care, we treat every resident as if he or she were part of our own family. This genuine caring and compassion for our guests is what sets us apart.
Services You Need
- 24-hour skilled nursing care provided by our caring staff of geriatric professionals
- 5-30 day respite services designed to allow caregivers to take a break from their daily responsibilities, knowing their loved one is receiving quality care in a comfortable setting
- Hospice care from qualified and compassionate professionals who can assist in developing a personalized program that combines medical, emotional and spiritual support
- Short- and long-term rehabilitation services including physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Telephone Assurance Program (TAP), a free service offered to those who live on their own and want the peace of mind of knowing that someone is checking on them daily.
- Secure dementia unit staffed by professionals trained in responding to the specific needs of this group of residents
- Delicious and nutritious meals provided by our dietary staff
Amenities You’ll Love
- Clean, bright and spacious private and semi-private rooms for up to 184 residents
- Beautifully-landscaped, enclosed courtyard with raised flower beds
- On-site barber and salon services
- Visitors’ cafeteria
- Ample parking in rear of building
- On-site pharmacy
- Full in-house activity schedule including arts and crafts, music, games, Gourmet Galley, bingo, bowling, exercise classes, drum circle, and restaurant style dining for residents
- Opportunities to socialize with families including Mother’s Day Tea, Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Weekly worship services’
- Frequent shopping, dining and entertainment outings including Longwood Gardens, shopping at Harford and Christiana Malls and trips to the Herr’s potato chip factory
- Visits from the Silver Reader and Pets on Wheels
People You’ll Never Forget!
- Excellent nursing staff to resident ratio thanks to a dedicated staff of 260 employees
- Highly-skilled medical professionals
- Caring and compassionate caregivers
- Enthusiastic volunteers who serve as activity assistants, meal buddies and more
- Other residents sure to become not just neighbors, but friends
*2014 Maryland Nursing Facility Family Survey. All comprehensive care facilities in the state are required to complete the survey. View the latest data at www.mhcc.maryland.gov.